Being a rep as well as a collector, I’ve seen both the very good as well as the very bad of commission collecting from two different perspectives. While the majority of commissions go very smoothly, there’s always the odd job where things just don’t work out.
In an effort to protect both artists and clients, I spoke with my guys at Wednesday’s Heroes and we’ve come up with a new commission policy. We hope this new policy will encourage more collectors to give commissioning a try. We’ve eliminated all risk on the collector’s part while at the same time protecting our artists.
The key to a successful and fun commission experience is communication. This new policy stresses regular communication throughout the process.
From here on, the following policy will apply for all artists represented by Wednesday’s Heroes.
- 100% free to be on wait list – you can be added to any of our artist’s wait list with absolutely no money and no commitment.
- When the artist is ready to begin your piece, payment is due in full.
- Your payment will be held in escrow by Wednesday’s Heroes. The artist will receive no payment until your commission is complete!
- Commissions will be complete within 30 days of payment or you will be offered a chance to cancel the commission and receive a FULL REFUND. *
- You have the option to waive the refund and grant an extension. Extensions will be granted in 14 day blocks. After each 14 day extension, you will have the option to cancel your order and receive a full refund if the art is still not complete.
- Up to three rough prelim sketches will be sent to you for approval/changes. If you require more options/changes, each additional prelim will be a non-refundable $35. This is the stage to make sure the artist understands what you want. Once you’ve approved this prelim any major changes will not be possible. **
- Once a prelim is agreed upon, penciling of your piece will begin.
- If your commission is to be inked, a scan of the finished pencils will be sent to you for approval. This is a safety check only. Only the most minor changes can be made at this point. **
- Upon approval of pencils, inking and/or coloring will begin.
- Upon completion, a scan/photo of artwork will be sent to you and your artwork will be shipped! ***
* 30 day completion guarantee only applies to standard size (up to 11×17) pieces with no more than four characters. Larger or more complex pieces will have a negotiated completion date.
** All delay time incurred during approval stages is added to the 30 day finish date.
*** All preliminary work/sketches will be retained by artist unless otherwise agreed upon.
So now all that’s left is to order your commission! There are links to each artist’s rates in the left column. If you have an idea for something that doesn’t neatly fit into any of their listed categories, just drop me a note and we’ll work something out!